Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Living
the
Light

Our speaking and doing, if truly in the Holy Ghost, will convict the world of sin. Jesus says that if He had not spoken and done what He did, the world would have no sin. Amazing! Jesus said that their excuse was taken away (John 15:22). Does my life allow excuses? Can people hear and see me and continue on their course unchallenged, without the least hint of apprehension?

“Let your light so shine before men . . .”

If the world isn't convicted in my presence, I am not living right, not walking right—not keeping in step with the Holy Spirit.

Our lives are a continual conviction either to the world or to ourselves; either to them of their sin, or to us of our lukewarmness.

2 comments:

  1. I really like that quote by Leonard Ravenhill that is on your blog:

    "The less of the glory of God we have [in the church], the more showmanship we need inside."

    People can see your life. Your life is either a powerful witness of Christ working in your life or it is not. Our life IS the sermon.

    "The Kingdom is not in word, but in power."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tim.

    I just got back from a little overnight with a group of unsaved people. They were living it up and couldn't understand why I wasn't right in step with them. A scripture that has been on my heart is:

    "And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them." Eph. 5:11

    Now, I made them go, "Huh?", but . . . did I reprove them?

    I will be spending more time with most of those folks and they will be getting tracts and light as I do, but I always want to know how to give more light, more reproof, more of Christ, in both word and deed.

    "Our life IS the sermon." Right on, brother.

    God Bless,
    B.

    ReplyDelete