Thursday, August 20, 2009

Following
God’s
Plan for You
—Pt. II

In “Following God’s Plan for You”, I quoted Oswald Chambers and spoke of how important it is to just wait. Today, I began thinking of how to put this in brass tack real and simple terms.

Why the need to do so? Because, as I mentioned in the original post, it seems that waiting is the most difficult thing for us to do. We would often rather suffer while doing something than to simply do nothing. This, unfortunately, is the cause of much misery and missing of what God truly has for us.

And so, I believe this saying to be faithful, true, and worthy of all acceptance:

If you have no definite sense that you are explicitly out of God’s will where you are or in what you are doing, seek not to do anything, but wait.

If you hear His voice, then sure, do what He desires; but do not presume to do anything if you do not explicitly know it is God’s initiative behind it.

I was speaking to a friend of mine recently who had not long ago struggled with why things were going so slowly in the new thing that he knew the Lord had called him to do. I was happy that I could look him in the eye and let him know that by being patient and waiting, even within the doing of the Lord’s known will, that he was being a witness in a way that was impressing those around him multiple times more than any word he could have wished to have spoken.


Note: This was originally published on my old blog, February 19, 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment